8.23.2008

My Dark Skies

The sky is overcast at the moment. It'll probably rain soon. The moon is hidden. It is completely dark outside. Believe it or not, at this time the sky is perfect.

Sunny Skies are not for me. I dont like the sunshine all that much. It plays havoc with my hair and skin, not to mention the uneven tan. I love overcast skies, the windy days, dust storms and thunderstorms. They have an unique appeal to them. Its almost as if somebody up there is in a playful mood. There is a fanatic energy to grey clouds as a deep rumbling erupts amidst them. The rain becomes almost violent in its downpour, pounding on every surface it can find. The wind plays a beautiful harmony with the leaves it rushes through. The thunder clashes with the sounds of life and plays up the contrast so well.

One of the greatest pleasures in life is to sit in front of my window and watch the dust move around in gusts, well matched with the dusky sky. Activites come to a standstill during "bad" weather, but its the time when Life wakes up. Wakes up and smells the moist ground, the humid air and the dusty atmosphere. People like me have an urge to go out and let the wind, rain and dust envelop them. Its a very feel good thing to do, when you're wet and dirt laden at the same time. Somehow, its the damp, dusty, sulky atmosphere at dusk that excites me and makes me want to stand outside forever. Its just my love for a change from the ordinary I guess.

Signing Out,
Standing In Her Dusty Sky

2 comments:

arnav said...

Cute dude.. tho dunno why you hate sun so much.. how'll u ever go to a beach?

ishita-dasgupta said...

hmmmmmmmmm...nice images..n i luvd it coz m not a big fan of d sun either!! :)