9.21.2008

Here With Me

"I didn't hear you leave
I wonder how am I still here

And I don't want to move a thing

It might change my memory


Oh I am what I am, I do what I want, But I can't hide

And I won't go I won't sleep, I can't breathe

Until you're resting here with me


And I won't leave, I can't hide, I cannot be,

Until you're resting here with me
"


The British artist, Dido probably wrote and sung this song for a boy. For me, it has somewhat different interpretations.

It's for everybody who went away, from sight but not from memory. Family, friends and an occasional friendly face in the crowd. It's for dreams that I've chased across the landscape of life till I woke up. It's for the shining and trusting eyes of childhood that become jaded as we grew up. It's for the belief that I have in all that matters to me. It's for the happiness I thought was given and granted to all. It's for the optimism that at the end of it all, we'll all be where we need to be.

Signing Out,
With Myself

1 comment:

arnav said...

Oi! That's a rather thot-provoking post!