4.29.2009

Peace Needed

It has officially been over a year since I ended the twelve most insane, beautiful and paradoxical years of my life. But for the general people, I'd like to call it School. I had been in the same school for about 11 and a half years and this love-hate relationship could have used a few more days. The world could have slowed down just a bit to let me wander those halls again, give a few more grey hairs to my teachers and feel like this was somewhere I belong.

I still havn't made peace with peace with the end of school life. I havn't quite reconciled with college life either. There's a feeling of being stuck in a limbo, where you need to have that security of school and want the freedom of college. I've gone back just once after school finished and in that one month of absence, I felt like school had forgotten me, even if I didn't. Those days of trying to be the ideal student so that the teacher would acknowledge you. The book fairs and cultural days. The sports classes and that one camp that changed so many friendships. The games of Uno and the basketball courts. A whole different time spent in the school buses. Picnics and annual days. Growing up, disappointments, loving and hating, changing and being. Twelve years of becoming somebody with people you choose to live your days with.



I remember how life spent in those corridors and classrooms came to down to one little memory. That one little tear that I shed on the day when all of us had our scribbling day. That tear held every single hope, ambition, love, hate and memories the school had given me. The sense of being me.

Signing Out,
Wanting To Make Peace

5 comments:

Ishita_Dasgupta said...

I repeat...

YOU BITCH!!!!!

Anty said...

I repeat...

I love you and yes, I am a bitch. And I'm always right.

mikkidismom said...

Wow...that touched a nerve :-)
Been 17 yrs since I left school and I KWYM ...exactly. Yup..those friendships that we made in school are the ones that are real even today...funny how that happens.
luv ya

Quiescent said...

really
I really do miss my school.....
It was so easy and good and only good......

Anty said...

@mas: yeah, i know. if it weren't for the net, i dunno how i'd keep in touch with everybody.

@quiescent: u still read the blog? :) :). yeah, we all miss it. just plain ol' fun there.