8.14.2011

Chips

Sundays are by and large the worst day to be staying home. There is nothing to do, the weather is usually dreary and the internet connection tends to slow down somewhat. The one saving grace is John Mayer telling me it is perfectly alright to get stoned and plan trips to Japan. I wonder if there is enough money in my account to do so. I doubt it. I could however sing Dancing in the Dark till it is night time and go African on my balcony.

The mater is growing slightly concerned with my mental health off late, ever since she walked into my room to find me attempting to recite To be, or not to be under my breath over and over again. Poor soul, she's bundled with a child far more dramatic in ways she does not want to handle. Now if I were the kinds who was dramatic like her, she'd be more than enthusiastic to join in.

I'm craving for some chips right about now and it doesn't help knowing that family will be dropping on my head in a few day's time who will wax eloquent about the Fish n' Chips near their lovely Yorkshire home. Why they can't wrap up a few servings and ship them to me is a mystery. I disdain family coming over. They rarely ever invite me around to their place, what with me being a sourpuss and all half the time. I can't help it. I do not have the same world view as them and I am unwilling to relent. Till somebody gets me Fish n' Chips of course. So I just pretend to be extremely interested in the family dynamics of some random family on SABtv till they figure I'm hopeless and let me be. I'd much rather be watching the African wild cats do their daily business but people find it slightly disconcerting to be dining with visuals of a zebra being torn to bits.

And they call themselves carnivores.



This books makes me think a lot. And nothing particularly useful.
The flowers were a gift. They are precious. More than the book.




I have a new phone. It lets me click photographs like these.
Marcello must be getting jealous.

Signing Out,
Waiting For My Chips

2 comments:

Sherry Wasandi said...

Special Delivery for you, Ma'am:

1. Sing this instead.

2. As a person who once did the the "to be or not to be" dialogue on loop for 5 days straight in a locked room while playing basketball with the 4 walls, I suggest trading it for the "I do believe you think what now you speak" one(Act 3, Scene 2). Equally depressing, more thought-provoking.

Antara said...

1. Sung and thoroughly enjoyed.

2. Indeed it is.